Good morning everyone!
I hope you are all having a beautiful day. It’s Good Friday today, and I woke up to a lovely surprise which I would like to share with you all.
I was surprised to receive this nomination from her because I have been blogging for only slightly less than two weeks! I hadn’t even thought of blogging awards yet and am still struggling with the reality of my nomination. It really is a beautiful gesture, and I would like to thank her again.
As part of being nominated for the award there are six easy rules to follow:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Display the award on your blog
- Answer a set of 11 questions provided from the blogger that you were nominated by
- Post 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs with less than 1000 follows
- Create your own set of questions for your nominations to answer
I will respond to the questions I was asked by Ms. FofoFl’or below.
What do you like most about blogging?
Blogging has opened up a new world to me. It’s full of charitable people from the most interesting walks of life. I love how they share their opinions, and I love their disagreements, but what do I like the most?
I love the people here. There is a beautiful culture to blogging, and now that I’m here, I don’t think I can do without them.
What value defines you the most?
Charity. I love the act of giving, and I don’t necessarily mean that in money. By charity, I mean giving to those in need, whatever they need. Take for example a friend that is depressed; I will sit down with them as often as I have time and as often as they need me. whether
Charity is about being there for people. I will donate my time, and I will devote conversation. I always respond to my comments online, so if you’re in need of aid, please don’t hesitate to ask in the comments below. If you didn’t want to share your issues publicly, you could shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you in a relationship?
Yes, I am in a relationship, and I would like to share it with you. I have been with my girlfriend nearly five years now. I went to an all boys school and she an all girls, but somehow we managed. Our first meeting was during school hours, inside of my school (somehow).
We were first introduced through a friend, more accurately I was third-wheeling a pair of friends of mine. She happened along and I introduced myself with the expressed purpose of adding a…another third wheel? A fourth wheel? A spare tire?
I’m not sure what the terminology for that is, but soon one thing led to another and we’re here. It’s a long story and I think I would need to write about the difficulties I have faced in our relationship for everyone to understand.
What do you expect to get from blogging?
Not much? I didn’t go into blogging with unrealistic expectations; instead, I was very tepid and doubtful. I did mention in one of my previous articles how I didn’t measure up in grades against my peers in my creative writing major. Blogging here, I expected much the same.
What I didn’t expect was how friendly and encouraging the environment would be. I thought it would be more competitive, and the blogs to be inherently self-interested. I didn’t expect many views or any followers.
I had a growth forecast (which I chucked in the bin) and expected my followers to increase by one a day. You could guess that didn’t really happen, haha.
What do you expect to get from blogging?
Above all, I want feedback on my writing. As of this month I have submitted my first piece ever for competition. Blogging here, I would very much like critical assessment (and praise, everyone loves praise).
I also expect to create a beautiful hub for the community of Scratches and Scribbles. I want to be able to write pieces for issues critical to society, and frame them in a narrative that brings life to the topic.
I am still fairly new to writing fiction with an intended purpose; these pieces can be found over at the daily prompt section of my website.
How many times do you publish something on your blog in a week?
I am aiming to publish a post once a day, hopefully for at least a year. After that I think I will drop my posts to a more manageable amount, after all, I still need to show my parents a chance of success in writing!
Who is your most favorite person in the world?
That would be my girlfriend, closely followed by family, my closest of closest friends and then all of you, here at Scratches and Scribbles.
How would I describe her to you all? She’s an amazing person, and she’s had an incredibly difficult life, but she’s always looking forward. I swear I gain half my strength from her.
11 answers to my 11 questions
What keeps you going when you feel like giving up?
Dreams. I’m a dreamer, and I would be nowhere without my dreams. My girlfriend and my friends help a lot. Missgrace left a very inspiring comment on my article, Ask Nam and I’m coming to realise how important blogging is for that too.
Who is your celebrity crush?
I don’t have one; I don’t follow celebrities so I can’t answer this question. Sorry.
If I had to say, someone, I would name someone off the top of my head, and the first person that came to mind would be Rihanna because I like her song, Umbrella. It even rhymes with her name! Gosh!
What is your most important strength?
Faith, everyone places faith somewhere, and no one would be anywhere without faith. I place faith in God, and I place confidence in myself. If I didn’t have faith in either, I wouldn’t be able to believe in myself, and I couldn’t trust myself to do what is right.
I also place faith in society, yesterday my wallet was stolen, and a kindly grandma handed it back. I love believing in people; it’s the most rewarding feeling when our faith is answered in kind.
What things challenged you the most when you started blogging?
Lack of views I guess? I haven’t shown it to my family or my friends (the majority of my friends at least), so it was understandable. Sometimes having low expectations and receiving low results suck. But it only took several
Sometimes having low expectations and receiving expected results suck. But it only took several days to understand blogging, and as I came to know everyone my patronage of other blogs, and naturally my own grew.
How many followers do you have?
I have sixty-five followers in total. That includes twitter and facebook, but I wouldn’t mind more. Please endorse my blog to others! I would like to meet new people, and through them, know my followers more!
11 facts about me:
- I am Australian
- I am a Catholic but a line myself more closely to Protestant faith
- I am very frugal with my money. Guard it zealously and don’t spend on what you don’t need!
- My Goodreads Challenge is 25 books to read by the end of the year
- I am an aspiring author
- I wish I could sing
- I have two sisters and a brother
- I want to travel the world
- My extended family (cousins, aunts and uncles) consist of over one hundred family members. (Our family dream is to overpopulate the world!)
- I want pet fish
- I stare outside the window every day and dream
- Mr. Josh Gross, the man who inspires me with his wildlife conservation endeavors!
- Ms.Ambitious, the first person I talked to on wordpress.com! She comes with high commendations.
- Mrs. Patricia posted my first comment and deserved a special mention. A most wondrous lady, treat her well, please.
- Ms. Spoonful of Thoughts, you can find some amazing prose in her writing!
- Ms. Fofo Fl’or, the lovely lady who nominated me.
- Mr. Lucky Sketch, he draws, he sketches, and he writes. What talent!
- Mrs. Soulgifts, where you can find amazing poetry.
- Mrs. Poetry tributes, more amazing poetry. I wish I could write poetry!
- Ms. Megha Shashtry, a personal blogger who writes with the romance of her youth!
- Ms. Ellen, an incredibly well-read man! If you want to discuss books, his blog is the place!
- Mr. Vikram, he writes on religion and worldly things. If you are interested in society, globalism, and social theory, this is the blog for you!
What would I like to ask them?
- When did you first starting and why?
- What did blogging teach you?
- What would you do, if your blog went viral?
- What is your favourite book and why?
- What is your favourite animal and why?
- What do you do in your spare time and why?
- What do you work as and what did you always want to be?
- If you had one place you could live, where would it be?
- What is your favourite country?
- What is your vice?
- What is your most important trait?
And a thank you again, for everyone who has made this all possible!
Here’s a picture without Mario but with friends.