It always surprises me when you receive nominations for blogging awards. It’s always something to the side, that you weren’t quite paying attention to, or quite expecting.
When I started blogging, it was never for awards. I started blogging for myself at first, and then for the appreciation of the community.
I guess it’s one way of receiving recognition, and it makes me happy to know a little you know? I don’t receive very much feedback on my posts and it’s awards like this that reveal to me how people pay attention.
I would like thank the lovely Ms. Sagrikachugh for the one Lovely Blog Award. I would recommend you take a look at her blog. We started blogging at roughly the same time, so I do enjoy poking my head around, seeing how she’s going every now and then J
So here are the rules:
Now 7 things about myself:
- I like to make puns. What’s not to love about puns?
- I have recently joined the online publication, The Australia Times, where I write articles.
- I like to express the world through fiction. I fictionalise events and emotions through my blog. I hope you all enjoy it.
- I am a sloth. Talented but lazy. It’s very easy to get in a rut, not write, not look for work when you’re living at home and not struggling on money…terrible I know L
- I have been described as an open and friendly person. Drop by, leave a post. I’m always happy to chat J
- I inspire to be an author, although with my lassitude, it’s looking difficult, not impossible.
- I am a second generation Vietnamese Australian. Vietnamese was my first language, although I can’t speak it, and I learnt English predominantly through reading. It’s why people mock my pronunciation sadly. I have a lot of Vietnamese tones in my speaking and my English at times is awry.
And the nominations are…
- Hush Speak Softly – FofoFl’or is a young African Medical Student that likes to talk about…science and medicine! How unexpected. truly fascinating stuff, and a worthy read if your interests point that way. 🙂
- Beautiful Words – Priceless Joy’s blog focusses on the beauty of emotion. Do you want to feel loved? Talking to her, she certainly makes me feel special.
- Your Success Inspirer – Mr Romanus’ blog involves a mesh of journalist editorials, poetry and Christianity. A proliferate poster, I’m never sure how he has the time to succeed as he does in his way.
- Advice From Blog – The Lovely Sophie! She’s an Australian like me, so if you’re familiar with her you’ll know she’s really friendly and cool (like me). A law student, she’s always willing to giver her advice, whether in law, appearance or every day life 🙂
- Jenny Fabian – Do you like music? Then you may just like Jenny Fabian. She writes poetry too!
- This is Another Story – Yinglan Zheng is a super talented creative writer. She also dabbles in art, which you can tell by her serialised comics featuring herself and her friends. A blog that is refreshing as it is artful.
- Eris Goes To… – Eris C’s blog is a travel blog with a focus on food. FOOD! It’s also a lifestyle blog and she does movie reviews as well 🙂
- A Sunken Thought – One of my favourite blogs around! Click here! Go Go Go!
- A Blog of a Writer – So I will be a bit biased to say this, since we’re IRL, but I would really recommend a read. She does ‘How to’ guides of fiction writing. If you need tips or advice, take a look. She won’t bite.
- Musings of a Blueberry – Blueberries Muse? Can they? Berry much so! Click on the link to find out!
- The Sky’s the Limit – Patricia was the first person to ever comment on my blog. It was a legit comment too. None of that ‘Nice’ or ‘Good work’ one or two word comments. A lifestyle blog, with a character larger than life behind it.
- Audrey Writes Abroad – She writes, but not about a broad. There’s a lot more then that to it. A writer’s blog like mine 🙂 If you appreciate my work then you will certainly appreciate hers!
- A Little Bird Tweets – It can use twitter? Better yet, it tweets poetry and fiction. I know I’m recommending a lot of fiction blogs, but if you have the time, take a look!
- Eyes + Words – Let me start by saying it is much a visual journey as a written one. That is to say, a bit to Eyes + Words. I haven’t asked but I suspect the owner is a graphic designer. If you want to say wow you can say it right now, but if you want meaning to your words, take a look.
- A Nerdy Nook – Do you like comics? Here, they disect marvel and DC comics, explain the origin of characters and take a look at movie adaptions. Fun and interesting, what more can you want??
I hope all the nominees accept their nominations! I look forward to your posts!